Lose weight New York
New York City, also called the “big apple”, is the largest city in the United States. What is the problem of obesity or overweight status in this city of skyscrapers, wall street, and center of many national and international institutions including the United Nations? Although slightly better than some of the other cities, New York City has its share o obesity.
Obesity statistics for the city of New York
According to the Centers for Disease Control, about one-quarter (24.5%) of adults in New York State are obese and another 36% are overweight, an estimated 8.5 million residents. The rate of obesity is higher among adults who are non-Hispanic Black (32.5%), earn an annual household income less than $25,000 (26.8%), have less than a college education (27.1%), or are currently living with a disability (34.9%).
- According to BFRS surveys, 60% of adults in New York State are either overweight or obese. Overweight and obesity affect minorities such as African Americans is much higher at 66% compared to obesity Caucasians (61%) in New York city. Overweight and Obesity in New York State Adults 2008.
- Obesity prevalence in New York unfortunately correlates with the income level of the neighborhoods, with lower income areas having a higher rate of obesity in New York compared higher income areas just as in other parts of the United States. The changing distribution of and determinants of obesity in neighborhoods of New York City, 2003-2007.
- in 2003, about 24% were obese, compared to 19% of second through fifth grade students in 1990.
While there are many causes for this weight gain, the most important of all the causes for weight gain is metabolic starvation that happens in obese individuals that have insulin resistance, according to Dr. Prab R. Tumpati, MD, founder of W8MD medical weight loss centers of America.
Understand the causes, consequences, and proven measures to lose weight fast and safe in New York city, watch w8md’s 52 weeks of weight loss and wellness videos.
Where to start to lose weight in New York City?
Start with checking your body mass index so you know where you stand before attempting to lose weight in New York City.
Understand the 5 proven measures to lose weight in New York City
Find a weight loss program that accepts your health insurance for weight loss in New York City
W8MD medical weight loss centers weight loss and sleep wellness locations in greater New York City area do accept most health insurances for the weight loss physician visits.
Diet for losing weight in the city of New York City
W8MD weight loss locations that accept insurance for weight loss in New York
NYC Insurance Weight Loss Center: 2003, Bath Avenue, Brooklyn, NY, 11214 Ph: 1-718-946-5500
Philadelphia Insurance Weight Loss Center: 1718, Welsh Rd, Philadelphia, PA, 19115 Ph: 1-215-676-2334
Before and after weight loss pictures for weight loss in greater New York City
The best news is – his insurance covered his weight loss visits with W8MD. Watch his experience on youtube!
- Weight loss success stories of people losing weight in New York City
- Proven measures for weight loss in NYC
- Understand the role of physical activity for weight loss
- Check out the 52 weeks of weight loss and wellness videos.
- Review of weight loss program New York City
- Best weight loss program New York City
- Weight loss tips for losing weight in NYC.